Job Title: Global Support Engineer
Department: Global Services
Reports To: Global Support Manager
Updated: October 2018
Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Canada (Onsite & Remote)
To Apply for this position, please go to https://comparexcanada.applytojob.com/apply
COMPAREX is a market leading cloud migration, licensing and technology solutions provider. Today we serve our clients in over 30 nations; providing world-class technical expertise and a commitment to customer service excellence.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Global Support Engineer is a technical support role that is responsible for supporting and maintaining key systems and infrastructure for our customer base. The Global Support Engineer is a highly motivated individual with a solid technical background and Microsoft Cloud product knowledge. We are looking for someone who has outstanding customer services skills, is well spoken and has excellent follow through.
Results to be achieved
This position will be responsible for supporting Microsoft Cloud technologies and related services. While maintaining high customer service standards and excellent customer satisfaction, the Global Support Engineer will be required to:
- Maintain client documentation.
- Support customers while maintaining high customer service standards.
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings from clients.
- Ensure flawless and timely execution of all customer related requests.
- Advance technical knowledge through studying and passing certifications.
Helps establish a company culture centered on our corporate values, P.R.I.D.E.
Personal Growth: A great place to develop a personal career in technology industry
Respect: Mutual respect, for the individual and each other
Integrity: Honest, fair and ethical: Shines through in all that you do
Diversity: Embracing cultures and talents from all 31 COMPAREX countries. A competitive differentiator
Excellence: We want to be the best in all we do. Period, full stop
The Global Support Engineer works directly with the COMPAREX’s customer base and prospective customers to support day to day issues as needed. The Global Support Engineer is responsible for contacting and resolving client issues in a timely manner. The Global Support Engineer is part of a team of engineers and is supported by normal escalation points as well as remote support tools and documentation.
Results Measured & Metrics
The Global Support Engineer’s primary measurement of success will be based on customer satisfaction, meeting SLA requirements, and continuing advancement of technical knowledge.
- Ensuring Tickets are closed in a timely manner
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Meeting or exceeding SLA guidelines
- Customer Satisfaction
- SLA Requirements
- Certifications Achieved
- Meetings and Project Deadlines
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Experience: Entry Level to Moderate
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Well organized
- Critical Thinking
- Knowledge of Office 365 and/or the Microsoft Cloud
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Experience with Mac OSX
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2007-2016
- Knowledge of Anti-malware and anti-virus solutions
- Fundamental Knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012, & 2016
- Fundamental Knowledge of MS Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, & 2016
- Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of network concepts such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPNs and routing
- Knowledge of Wireless networking
- Experience with Mobile devices such as iPhones, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry
Compensation & Benefits
COMPAREX offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. The Global Support Engineer will be paid a base salary.